Saturday, January 5, 2008

Those who can't do, teach.

And so my fate has been temporarily decided: If I enjoy programming enough, and find myself useful to others and what not, I shall set out in the job field in computer science. If not, I shall pursue higher studies with QUANTUMMMMMMMMM COMPUTTTTTTINGGGGGGG (reverb). That stuff sounds intense, and it's what the career advisors should have told me about before, as it combines so many fields I'm interested in. But moving a long to the main point:

I'm not an expert, but I am definitely considering writing an Intro to Programming/Programming Principles book. In Python. FOR THE MASSES. Why? Because computers shouldn't be so baffling to people (see The Daily WTF). Java, C++ (C especially), is complete gibberish to most people. What's a pointer? What's a variable? What... what... is that #! Q-Bert swear word doing there?!

Screw that stuff, it shouldn't be, and now isn't, that hard. We'll see how hard it is to explain when I start penning it down...

No comments: