Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just a quick note on Zope3:

I'm used to Django as a web framework, and I just wanted to try out Zope quickly, just to see what it's all about. Immediately I have issues. Firstly, they want me to use python 2.4.3, but that makes sense, considering I'm using the latest public release, which was January of 2007.

Secondly; configure.zcml wasn't set up right by default. Following tutorials, I was just supposed to install Zope, make an instance, and do a runzope. When I did the ./runzope, I got a bunch of angry errors about configure.zcml. What's a .zcml file? Now I know, but in all the beginner tutorials, I didn't see any mentioning of editing any config files, or doing anything with .zcml files. Very upsetting. Anyway, if you have that weird issue, just stick this in your configure.zcml:


<configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope">
<include package="zope.annotation" />
</configure>


So yeah. fun. hurray. whee. now it works.

No comments: